Non fire emergency evacuation is used for any emergency evacuation not related to a fire incident. It is important to remember that evacuation distances significantly expand, up to hundreds of yards, for suspicious object evacuations. Nevertheless, not all Bomb threats will result in evacuation.
The objective- move all campus occupants to a remote, predefined and controlled location.
Team members who are designated to sweep evacuation routes and sites should locate a staff member to take responsibility for students under their supervision, and should then sweep the evacuation route and evacuation site for secondary hazards. They should immediately report their findings to the lead administrator.
Note: The lead administrator will typically direct that this step be completed before making the general announcement for evacuation of the building.
- Gather all students and visitors in your area of responsibility and evacuate using the route and site designated by the lead administrator or designee.
- Ensure that all special needs persons are provided assistance by their designees as per the site evacuation plan.
- Remain alert to your surroundings. Be particularly alert to any people or conditions that might pose a danger to evacuees. If you encounter a significant hazard, quickly evaluate the situation; adjust your evacuation route and attempt to notify the lead administrator or the appropriate public safety officials.
- Once you reach the designated evacuation site, search site for suspicious objects and adjust accordingly.
- On evacuation site- develop a written list of all evacuees and provide the list to the lead administrator or his \ her designee. Also indicate the presence or lack of any suspicious objects in your room/work area.
- Supervise students under your care.
- Do not attempt to reenter the facility unless the lead administrator or his \ her designee directs you to do so.